Every evening, after the boys go to bed, I usually finish the dishes, fold a little laundry, and get the boys' backpacks packed for the next day's activities. In doing so, I inevitably come across art projects partially glued to the bottoms of their bags or half-eaten boxes of raisins leftover from their lunches. The boys didn't need their backpacks for Kids' Choice today, so imagine my surprise when I went to move Owen's backpack from the middle of the kitchen floor to a bench, and I could barely lift the damn thing. Here's why: it was full, FULL, of stuff. Random stuff, stuff he hauled around on his back for a couple of sweaty hours this afternoon while he ran around outside with the neighborhood kids. I guess you never know when you are going to need a set of hand cuffs.
Items Found in Owen's Backpack:
1. Golf ball
2. Nerf mini-gun and assorted "bullets"
3. Rubber snake
4. Gardening gloves
5. Light saber
6. Flashlight
7. Digital watch (from McDonald's; in the shape of Donkey from the movie "Shrek")
8. Bottle of water (mostly full)
9. Hand cuffs
10. Large, plastic lady bug
11. Plastic seal
12. Plastic shark (still leaking water because one of the boys took it into the tub last night)
13. Plastic octopus
14. Plastic, glow-in-the-dark fish
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
...oddly enough, save for the light saber, this could be the contents of my purse.
This might explain a few things...
This is what it's like cleaning out your father's truck.
Post a Comment